LED Baton. Eliminate Chemical Flares
The LED Baton Road Flare Kit eliminates the need for chemical flares, last significantly longer than chemical flares and can be used in multiple positions including: ground based flare, vertical flare when installed in the tripod holder, elevated signaling device when attached to metal surfaces, and as a traffic control baton. The advantages of the Baton Flare greatly exceeds chemical flares by providing years of maintenance free service without the concerns associated with an open flame source.
Baton Flare multi-function settings improve visibility increasing safety of fire department personnel, police, construction workers, airport ground crews, safety personnel and citizens who benefit from an emergency signaling device for the car, truck and safety kit. Baton Flare is ideal for improved visibility at accident sites, construction zones, vehicle breakdowns, traffic control, etc.
Power Duration Run Time – The Li-Ion battery will fully charge within 8-10 hours.
Operational Performance of Individual Light Modes:
- Rotate 5 hours
- Quad Flash 10 hours
- Alternating Blinks 3 hours
- SOS Rescue (Morse code) 10 hours
- Steady on – 4 hours
The stand-by charging feature allows Baton Flare to remain plugged in when turned off without damage to the battery or unit and allowing the Baton Flare to remain fully charged and ready for immediate use. Flare maintains a full charge for 90 days when removed from charger.
Range of Use
- Emergency Road Flare – replaces standard incendiary flares. Alert drivers to potential roadside danger, identifies detours, and signal for help.
- Safety Baton – used as a hand-held signaling device to direct traffic (vehicle, crowds, aviation, and marine) or signal for help
- Safer and ecologically better for our environment than flame producing emergency road flares. No spark, open flame, fumes or toxic chemicals are produced.
- Shock resistant construction can withstand the impact of roadside traffic.
- Waterproof to a depth of 50 feet. Floats. Safe to use in marine and wet environments.
- Two Magnetic Attachment Points – magnet located on baton backside or handle base will attach to any ferrous metal surface. Attach to vehicle trunk or lift gate for added visibility.
- Lay flat or upright using tri-pod stand for vertical orientation.
- 120v AC/DC Charger: Input: 1 00-240v Ac, 50-60 Hz
- (CE & C/UL Listed) Output: 5.0VDC, 1200mA
- 12v DC Charger: Input: 12-24V DC
- (CE) Output: 5.0V, 850 mA
DOT & Traffic Safety Compliance
- U.S. DOT (FMCSA) 49 CFR § 392.25 & 393.95 (g) (prohibits the carrying of any flame-producing fare on any Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) transporting explosives; any cargo of flammable liquid or flammable compressed gas, whether loaded or empty; or any CMV using compressed gas as a motor fuel).
- MUTCD Type A (flashing) and Type C (solid on)
- NFPA 1901 Standards for Traffic Safety; Section 6.7.3 Miscellaneous Equipment